Blog Post #9: Creativity and Collaboration Apps for your Students

This week we are looking at apps that allow students to express creativity and collaborate with each other in the classroom.

The first creativity app that I looked at and played around with was Toontastic. This app allows
Permission By 
students to create their own animated stories. It allows the students to be creative and choose what kind of story they want to create, how many and what type of characters they want to use for their story, the setting of their story, and so much more. This app allows students to create their own narrations by recording their voices and moving their characters around in a way that goes with their script. I really enjoyed playing around with this app. I think that this app will allow students to be creative while having fun creating their own interactive story/book. I think that this app can be very practical and useful in the classroom for all students to express their creativity while learning how to write different types of stories. I did not have any negative experiences when I was accessing this app.

Permission By 
The second creativity app that I downloaded and accessed was Little Creator. This app allows students to design and create different things such as a bag, a case, a shirt, a pillowcase, and a cup. Although this is not as educational as Toontastic, it still allows students to express their creativity by decorating different items the way that they choose. This app allows students to draw, paint, cut, stamp, insert different backgrounds and pictures, and add stickers to the item that they choose to decorate. I like this app because it allows the student to be creative without worrying about if they are doing it the right way. It allows the student to relax their mind while still using and advancing their creativity skills without even realizing it. I really enjoyed this app, but the only negative thing I would say about this app is that it doesn't give the student a lot of items to choose from. It only has five different items for the student to choose to design and decorate. Overall, I think that this is a very useful app that allows students to relax and be creative.

Permission By 
The first collaboration app that I downloaded and accessed was PenPal Schools. This app allows teachers, students, parents, and school administration to communicate and collaborate with one
another. It allows students to learn and motivate them by experiencing exciting global connections. It allows students to collaborate with one another and with their teachers while learning about cultural differences. It allows students to experience and connect with the world around them. This app gives students a voice and digital citizenship opportunities. I really like how this app allows students to interact and collaborate with students globally through different learning experiences. I did not have any negative experiences with this app while I accessed it. I think that this is a really good learning and collaboration tool for all students.

Permission By 
The second collaboration app that I downloaded and accessed was GooseChase EDU. I really liked this app because it allows students to not only collaborate with their classmates but also allows them to be creative. This app allows the teacher to create teams and create scavenger hunts and other engaging activities for the students to complete. It allows the students to work together to complete each mission whether it is to take a picture, video, or type a response to each mission. I think that this app is very fun, engaging, and collaborative. It teaches students how to work together in teams to complete fun missions. Overall, I really enjoyed this app and would definitely like to try it out in my classroom one day.


All of these apps will allow your students to be creative or collaborate with others in some form of fashion. Each of these apps are very effective and easy to use for both the teacher and the student.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #7: Online Resources for Teachers

Post #8: Audio Recording, Editing, and Scriptwriting Apps