Post #8: Audio Recording, Editing, and Scriptwriting Apps

For the next two weeks, I will be completing a script writing for my Instructional Video, as well as, recording and editing audio for my video. 

I have research what scriptwriting is and how to write one. After much research, I have concluded that scriptwriting is a script or screenplay that is written by the screenwriter for things such as movies, TV shows, etc. In scriptwriting, a script contains actions, movements, emotions/expressions, and dialogue of characters. I viewed many websites that listed steps on the process of how to write a script. Most of the websites that I viewed listed the same steps, some broke down the steps more than others. The website that I found most useful with listing and describing the steps was "The Write Practice." This website listed five steps which was 1) craft your logline, 2) write a treatment: your first sketch, 3) structure your screenplay's outline, 4) write a flash draft and 5) edit. The website explained what each step consisted of in a detailed way that could be easily understood. I think that this website was very helpful in helping me write my script, but since I was making a script for an instructional video instead of a movie or TV show, my script did not contain as many actions or movements. Since this explained the process of making scripts for movies and TV shows, I was able to skip some steps that did not apply to helping me write my script. 

After understanding what scriptwriting was and the process of writing one, I downloaded two scriptwriting apps. I used both of these apps to practice and see which one I liked best and which was more effective. The two apps that I chose to explore was Celtx Index Cards and ScriptBuilder. 

Permission by 
I personally like index cards when I am writing things down and creating scripts and notes for videos and PowerPoint slides. When I saw the Celtx Index Cards I knew that I would like this app. This was my favorite app because it was just about the only app that would I could use to do my script with. This app allowed me to add as many index cards as I needed. It let me give each card a heading and a description which is where I would write what I would say about each part of the video. Overall I liked the effectiveness of this app, but one thing that I didn't like was they it was very slow and tedious when trying to click a certain section of the card to type. 

Permission By


I did not like the ScriptBuilder as much as the index cards because it was focused more on scriptwriting for books, plays, movies, TV shows, etc. This app allows you to add and create acts, scenes, characters, and an outline. I personally liked the outline feature of this app. I thought that it was interesting and an effective way to create an overview of a script/story. The outline featured allowed me to write short sentences about the overall idea of the script and different acts. Overall I think this app would be effective for those who are writing a play, movie, or TV show. 



After writing the script for my instructional video, I then recorded and edited auto. I decided to look on the app store for different auto recorder and editing apps. The two that I downloaded and explored was Voice Recorder and AudioEditor. 
Permission By

My favorite app of the two was the Voice Recorder. I really like how this app was set up and some of the features of this app. When you click the feature that allows you to record, it looks like a cassette tape. It allows you to type a name directly on the tape. This feature gives you the option to record, play, stop, and save as. I really like the creativeness in this app with setting it up like a cassette tape. This app is very effective and gives you many options and ways to share your recordings. 


The AudioEditor was a very effective and easy app to use. I liked this app because it allows you to record or insert more than one audio on the screen. I also liked that this app allows you to edit, trim, and add snippets of recordings to the existing recordings. Overall I think this app was very effective in that it both records and edits audio, where the Voice Recorder would only record. 


The process of writing the script for my instructional video really helped make the audio recording and editing easier. I think that each of these apps would allow me to succeed and be effective in creating my instructional video scriptwriting and audio if I decided to use these. I like that there are so many resources and apps available to help me learn and complete this task easily, quickly, and more effectively.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #7: Online Resources for Teachers

Blog Post #9: Creativity and Collaboration Apps for your Students